In 1905, club members decided to join the National Federation of Women's Clubs.
Years later the group chose to leave the Federation; however, the club continues to be a study club.
As the years advanced, topics for study stayed current. Eventually club members took part in community affairs.
The biggest project they completed was the founding of the local library in 1959.
Progress Club remains a study club: membership is by invitation only.
A seed is planted and grows; It has its limitations; A thought is born and no one Knows the extent thereof.
Such was the Progress Club of Steamboat Rock in the fall of 1901, one hundred and sixteen years ago and so it remains today.